Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
whizkid457
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer
Accepted Solution

Just submitted Playbook App, What do I do next?

Hi everyone,

This is my first time being a developer for Blackberry, so I am a little confused on the process. I have just submitted my app at the Vender Portal website. My status is now 'Pending Review 3 Open CR(s)'. What do I do next? Am I supposed to wait for them to approve my application. In the meantime, can I upload my program to the actual App World so it can be downloaded?

Please help me out and answer my questions.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Just submitted Playbook App, What do I do next?

You have to wait till they approve it. Once it is approved (you get an email), then you can "post for sale" the app in the vendor portal. Then it will show up in App World when the user's App World app on the PB refreshes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whizkid457

This might be a dumb question, but can I continue to submit newer and better releases of my application while it says 'Pending Review'?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, but it wont get to App World any faster. Unless you found a bug, I suggest wait till it gets to the marketplace. You can still continue to develop, but frequent updates slows the overall process down.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whizkid457

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. I will wait until it gets approved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I agree with jtegen that, if the initial submission is likely to get approved, you should just wait for the approval before submitting more releases. It doesn't actually get posted for sale until you explicitly click the Post for Sale button so the public won't see the initial release if you don't want them to.

If, however, you think the initial one may not get approved in its current form, there's nothing wrong with submitting a follow-up that fixes some issues. In the past, they generally processed multiple releases simultaneously, by nominally rejecting all but the last one and approving just the final one. Technically it does slow things down, I suppose, but probably not by much.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
whizkid457

I understand. I just submitted an update to my application that is more user-friendly, and also catches some exceptions, so I think that they will prefer this one. I just want to make sure my application is approved/accepted.
Please use plain text.
Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

Basically the last update you can slip in before they review it is the one they'll look at... they just auto-approve all the older ones. Usually I find you have about 3-5 days where you can post additional updates before it gets processed.

Please use plain text.