Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
cyangreen
My Device: Not Specified

Keeping virtual keyboard on screen?

I just have a question regarding the virtual keyboard.  I'm planning on implementing a textinput with progressive search.  As the user types, the upper half of the screen (the part not obscured by the keyboard) is filled with different icons, whose names match the user's input.  As the user types, the icons change - for example "t" in the textinput will show icons whose titles have a "t" in them, "ti" will prune those results to be only titles with "ti" in them, etc. I want the user to tap on one of these icons and initiate some action, but the Mouse.CLICK or Mouse.MOUSE_UP events are being superceded by the event that dismisses the keyboard.  

I could look to the textinput to see when it's no longer in focus, but I need to know which element was tapped on the screen.

I thougth the best way to do this might be to make the keyboard persistent somehow, freeing up the system to listen for the Mouse.UP and Mouse.CLICK events of the on-screen elements.  Thoughts?  Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.