Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Label Button vs Button

What is the difference between a normal <mx:Button> and a Label Button? and how do I make one in mxml, because so far I have only been able to create Label Buttons in as3. The reason for this question is that when i attempt to skin a button, FB4 says my button is static and cannot be skinned, or something along those lines, whereas label buttons work fine. But I do not want to rewrite my entire app to as3 simply to achieve the use of skins. Any suggestions?

-Alexei 

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: Label Button vs Button

mx:Button cannot be managed by QNX containers and they are not supported yet, LabelButton is QNX button and can be skinned and managed in playbook manner. They are from completely different packages and sdk's, you should not mix them.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications