Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Kai001
My Device: Not Specified

Label too small

[ Edited ]

I want to make an extremely large label (Filling 1/3 of the screen). But I can't seem to increase the size of the font any more than about 140. How am I supposed to make larger text? I tried to increase the X and Y scale of the label but the font remains the same size.

Originally I used the TextField class, but I decided to switch to the label class. Should I have stayed with the TextField class? It worked.

EDIT: I got the text to scale up by adjusting the scaleX and scaleY properties of textfield child of the label, but now the font has pretty blocky edges. I'm using the Myriad Pro font. How can I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Label too small

hey kai,

this thread can probably help you with that:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Max-font-size/m-p/788075#M9360

it will let you resize the font to any size you want. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
Kai001
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Label too small

[ Edited ]

That's what I tried and it worked now, but now I have a jagged font..

Thanks though!

EDIT: I tried Arial instead, since it wasn't jagged as a regular textField, and it's still jagged. Even with advanced anti-aliasing settings.

EDIT: The font is nice and smooth in the simulator, unlike in Windows. Hopefully this is how it will look on the actual PlayBook, otherwise it won't be nearly as aesthetically pleasing as I would have hoped.

Please use plain text.