Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Lightweight Layout Engine

I have a little vocal about the lack of a layout engine that supports QNX controls in a lightweight and easy to use way.  I found seveal AS3 only layout engines and have settled with BaseUI at

http://www.soundstep.com/blog/2010/07/05/as3-layout-manager-baseui-v4-finally-released/

(use v4).

It cuts down on the number of lines of code significantly and will make it easier when orientation chagnes occurs than having to do absolute, coordiante base placement.  It works well with Tweener too.

There are others, so if anyone is using those, please let us all know your experience with them.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Dekerta
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Lightweight Layout Engine

Have you tried the built-in qnx Container class? It works pretty well for me.

The package location is qnx.ui.core.Container

JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Lightweight Layout Engine

Dekerta wrote:

Have you tried the built-in qnx Container class? It works pretty well for me.

The package location is qnx.ui.core.Container

containers do the job but leave you wishing for more sometimes. the spacing and positioning is a little off in some places.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.