Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
kminkeller
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

ListClass using CustomCellRenderer height issue

I am trying to create a list of items using qnx.ui.listClasses.List . I have a customCelleRenderer that extends CellRenderer. I have a background image whose height is 110 pixels. Currently I have 4 items in the list. When I execute my application, all four items show up but when I trace the height of the CustomCellRenderer it shows as 47 pixels. 

Is this the minimum height of the CellRenderer? How do I make it so that my height of each cell is 110 pixels?

I am new to qnx components. Please help. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: ListClass using CustomCellRenderer height issue

key kminkeller,

Lists and cell renderers are a tough to crack but we've been at it trying to figure it out. From the looks of we must apply the height to the List object via the List.rowHeight property in the main class (or which ever class you initiate the List object). by doing that you would be changing the heights of all the cells. the draw back though is waterver height you set it at will be the height for all the cells. but since it wont be a problem for you it works out.

here's more info about the property:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/qnx/ui/listClasses/List.html#rowHeight

hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kminkeller

Thanks a lot J.Rab. You saved my day.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

haha! :smileyvery-happy: any time! if saving the day is what you're into there are a ton of heroes on this forum!

(alright that was cheesy but i couldn't resist.. welcome to the forums anyway :smileyhappy:)

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kminkeller

Yea the reason is I have a demo that I need to do it on Tuesday. So these small things (that are big for me atleast) are like the A priority in my list that needs to be fixed by Monday and have them tested. So you are the hero for me.

Please use plain text.