Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: LoginDialog, AlertDialog and all BaseDialog classes throw VerifyError

Dialogs are using native code of PlayBook they won't work on Desktop, was this is everybody's issue? Or people having this error on Simulator?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

I first assumed it was on the simulator but then recent posts show people testing it on the desktop. So it might be a desktop issue. The tests I've run have all be successful on the simulator.
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
My Device: Flash Builder - PlayBook Simulator

I confirm: the bug is in ADL but not in the simulator.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

@elena : I having trouble with Desktop Air application, no problem with the simulator.

Is there a way to know which part of the qnx framework don't work on desktop since you point the fact that Dialogs call playbook's native code ?

Lionel

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I know the Device and QNXApplication singletons will throw an exception in AIR but OK in the simulator.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

In listening to the MAX 2010 presentation found here

http://2010.max.adobe.com/online/2010/MAX260_1288217641375UQJD

Under Dialogs, it talsk about that the Dialog classes communicate to a service that displays the dialog and it is not a part of the application display list.  this may explain why this and other singleton classes crash on the AIR side, since those services are not running.

For this to probably work as an AIR application to help speed development, they would have to supply a runtime service to respond to these types of requests, or proxy it out to simulate the same behavior.  I vote (if I had one) for a service/application that can respond to Alerts, simulate other services like batter changes, swipes, accelerometer, geolocation, etc.  Simple AIR application with inter-process communication would make this possible.