Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
noahnu
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS
Accepted Solution

Microphone/Webcam?

Does the Playbook have an internal microphone? If it does how do I access this and the webcam to take a video? Also is there a way to simulate this in the simulator? Or would I have to run this as a desktop application and integrate my computer's mic and webcam for the time being?

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Microphone/Webcam?

[ Edited ]

There are apparently a pair of microphones (possibly for stereo and/or background noise cancellation) along the top edge, one near each end.

You access these using primarily the standard Flash support for it, as in the flash.media package.

I've posted some background info on problems with sound sampling in the 0.9.2 sim (the earlier one didn't support it at all).

For camera access, and probably microphone as well, you're likely better off using your desktop machine for now, but the code ought to work about as well in the PB when it's released.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.