Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Missing files during Release Build

Does anyone else experience files not being copied over during a release build in FB4.6?  The files are there in the bin-debug directory and under /src, but when bin-release-temp is created, some resources dont get moved over and I have to cancel out of the Release Build dialog and manually copy them into bin-release-temp and run the wizard again.  It is normally the icon for the app and the /locale directory.

I can set them under "Properties/Flex Build Packaging/BlackBerry Tablet OS/Package Contents", but that does not seem to be an issue.

Assets seem to copy over find when building an Android APK file.

This was occuring prior to 4.6 of Flash Builder, and it occurs in 4.6 as well.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Missing files during Release Build

Hi,

I have not experienced this yet running Win7 x64 and Flash Builder 4.6.

What are your system specs? Does this happen all the time or is it intermittent? Does it happen for non complex projects as well?

Has anyone else out there experienced this?

Regards,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I get this all the time. WinXP, FB 4.6. It seems to always be the PNG defined in the bar-descriptor.xml file and the /local folder and other resources that have to manually copied in the release folder during the final build. I've created new projects an dcopied the source over and it still happens. It is in my release checklist to do these steps, but it would be nice that files in the /src directory and that are selected in the preferences actually do get copied over.
Please use plain text.
dmalik

Are you importing your assets into your project by right clicking on your project, going to import etc.?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

The assets (images, PDF, directories, etc) are already in the project. Are you suggesting I have to import files that are already in the project?
Please use plain text.
dmalik

I was just wondering how you added them to your project. I'd like to try to reproduce the issue you're having. I was wondering if you used the import method from Flash Builder or copied them to your folder is windows. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Typically, I just copy the files into the folder or thru the IDE.
Please use plain text.
dmalik

Hi,

I can't seem to reproduce your error. I've reached out to a few other developers who use XP machines and they haven't had any issues either. One thing I can recommend is that you have your files checked in the package contents tab. One of them suggested placing all of your assets in one folder and checking the folder in the package contents tab. Another thing to try would be to try to import your assets inside Flash Builder because sometimes eclipse can be picky. The last would be to do a project cleanup and rebuild. Hopefully one of these will work for you. 

-Dustin

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

It seems the the .actionScriptProperties files mangages the contents by designating what is excluded vs. what should be included. So besides "assets", where do you (and people at large) place the locale directory so that it builds properly?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
JimmyO
My Device: Not Specified

I am having this problem as well with Flash Builder.  The temp-release-build directory does not automatically have the .mp3 files that I am using for sound.  It does have the .png files.  Was this ever resolved?  Is it appropriate simply to copy the missing files into that directory and then do the build?

Please use plain text.