Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
willfarnaby
My Device: Not Specified

Mouse Event and Touch Event Questions

Does anyone have the answers to these questions...

1. On the BlackBerry PlayBook, will 2 "quick-enough" taps with a finger result in MouseEvent.DOUBLE_CLICK being sent?

2. Does the 0.9.3 simulator incorporate any means of generation of touch events, that would be handled by, e.g.,

addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_BEGIN, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_END, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_MOVE, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_OUT, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_OVER, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_ROLL_OUT, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_ROLL_OVER, handleTouchEvent);
                addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_TAP, handleTouchEvent);

addEventListener(TouchInteractionEvent.TOUCH_INTERACTION_STARTING, handleTouchInteractionEvent);

addEventListener(TouchInteractionEvent.TOUCH_INTERACTION_START, handleTouchInteractionEvent);

addEventListener(TouchInteractionEvent.TOUCH_INTERACTION_END, handleTouchInteractionEvent);

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Re: Mouse Event and Touch Event Questions

Currently there is no way to simulate touch events. I believe mouse double tap will work though (although we have no way of confirming until we have an actual device).
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

The simulator does not yet produce these events.  People have been using the MouseEvents since those will get called in conjunction with any Touch events once those become available.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

jffurian and jtegen are correct, i just wanted to add one more thing. we have been getting weird and inconsitent results with the MouseEvent.DOUBLE_CLICK event. it works sometimes and other times it doesnt. so make sure to test that out because i dont know how it will react on the actual device if the simulator responds poorly to it. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman