Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

MouseEvent behavior on the PB

How does the MouseEvent behave on the hardware?

On the simulator, I can hover over with my mouse and implement a mouseMove(Event) function to do something as the mouse hovers. Obviously on the tablet, i don't have the hover functionality.

If i touch with a finger and move around the screen, would that be equivalent to Mouse Rt-click and Drag?

Can i safely use MouseEvent to trigger user touches or is there another preferred method?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: MouseEvent behavior on the PB

hey tags,

you can safely use the MouseEvent event class to simulate touch events on screen. i beleive the TouchEvent comes into play when you utilize multi touch actions. right now there are no ways to test out such feature so its safe to say you can start with MouseEvents since they register the same in most cases.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Speaking of devil, does anybody was able to simulate SWIPE events with mouse in simulator on Linux or Windows station?

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey gluth,

which swipe events? the multitouch gestues or the SWIPE_START and SWIPE_DOWN ?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Multitouch swipe events (TransformGesture), SWIPE_START and SWIPE_DOWN are working. I have troubles with left and right swipes from above class. I will search for error in my code when I will be sure that they are working, there is so many things that are not yet simulated (like device rotation and orientation, multitouch gestures) - but I didn't found 'not supported yet' list anywhere.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks Rab.. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
L7ColWinters
My Device: Android Droid Incredible
My Carrier: Verizion

If your talking about swiping left and right the only way you can do it currently since the transform gesture from flash is not currently supported is to:

add an event listener to your main app file for a mouseDown event

then add an event listener inside the handler for a mouseUp.

You can define a swipe however you like, but i made it at least a delta of 100 px and less than 1 second with a timer.

Please use plain text.