Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
JimmyO
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

MultitouchInputMode

Hi folks - I am building an app that is essentially a "puzzle" - ie where you have pieces that you need to fit into other pieces.  This means that individual pieces need to be able to be moved AND rotated.

Question: is it possible for a program to listen for BOTH flash.ui.Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.TOUCH_POINT [so that a single finger can be programmed to move the puzzle piece), AND, flash.ui.Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.GESTURE (so that a two-finger 'rotate' action can rotate a puzzle piece.  I guess I could program listeners in TOUCH_POINT mode to watch for a rotate type event, but I am hoping there are some automatic events that can be triggered.

Thanks. 

Jim

Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: MultitouchInputMode

From the experimentation I've done, it can only be one or the other; so you're likely to be stuck implementing your own gesture support.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Jimmy,

when  Multitouch.inputMode is set to GESTURE you won't receive TouchEvent events, but you can still listen for MouseEvent events - up, down, move, click etc. Those events will sometimes be slightly delayed  (so the gesture logic can determine whether they are part of a gesture) or cancelled (if it turns out they are part of a gesture).

Cheers, - Jon -

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
JimmyO
My Device: Not Specified

Jon - Thanks!  I should have thought of using both gesture and mouseclick. Jim

Please use plain text.