Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
shawnblais

Re: My App is Featured!! Now what?

They're supposed to notify us a week in advance. It says so in the FAQ.

So much for that I guess...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Munsie
My Carrier: n/a

I still can't help think the featured apps section is still somewhat random. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
flimsy
My Carrier: Wi-Fi

Sorry but the entire AppWorld is somewhat random IMHO...
Please use plain text.
Developer
agaripian
My Carrier: T

hey can you please do a write up about being featured. How did it effect your app sales? What were your sales averaging before being featured? What were they after? Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SouthernTouch
My Carrier: AT&T

Did you send an e-mail to submit your app for consideration?  People have posted links to an FAQ that describes this process, but the page seems to apply only to certain phone devices, and not the PlayBook.  Thanks, and congratulations!

Darwin

SouthernTouch Technologies

SouthernTouch Spades

Darwin Pinder
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34213
Please use plain text.
Developer
RottenOgre
My Carrier: WiFi

@SouthernTouch: My app Lonely Turret is currently featured. I followed the process outlined in the FAQ for submitting it for consideration, and specifically mentioned that it was for the PlayBook.

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheMarco
My Carrier: Sprint

RottenOgre how long did it take from your request to getting in there? I've been waiting for a long time now and haven't heard back yet.

I also think it feels very random. There are really bad apps featured sometimes as well such as this currency converter with a horrid UI and the Huffington Post app which is totally useless. I also don't understand why many apps (including bad ones) stay featured for many weeks. Why not rotate all every week?

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SouthernTouch

Thanks Rotten Ogre.  I have one more question.  My app was posted for sale on May 20, 1 week ago today.  I still cannot browse to it in the Games->Cards category in the store.  How long should it take before I can expect my app to be categorized? 

Let me restate that--it "should" only take a few hours.  How long is it taking? 

Thanks,

Darwin Pinder

Note: Neither I nor anyone I know wrote the review that claims my game is the "best game ever".  That person needs to get out more.  It is a pretty good card game, though.

Darwin Pinder
Please use plain text.
Developer
RottenOgre
My Carrier: WiFi

@TheMarco: I sent my request in April 21. I agree it feels random. It seems like it's a selection of feature requests, apps from content partners, and top performing apps.

@SouthernTouch: I wish I knew. IIRC, Lonely Turret showed up almost instantly in Games -> Strategy, but Lonely Turret Lite has been up for sale for almost two weeks and hasn't shown up there - you can only find it by doing a search. I've been checking Games -> Strategy occasionally and constantly resetting my App World cache, but it seems like no new items are being added. Either it just so happens no new strategy games are being made, or App World has a problem with pushing new items into categories. I've seen multiple complain that their apps aren't showing up in any category so I'm inclined to believe that there's a problem with App World.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SouthernTouch

Thanks again.  Now, did you attach a 340x340 icon and a 50 character description, or did they just use your default 480x480 and the beginning of your description?  Looking at the featured apps, it looks like they just use the descriptions we entered for the apps that were entered to submit them to App World.

Darwin

Darwin Pinder
Please use plain text.