Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: My PlayBook has arrived!!!!!

Yeah, sorry about that! I was thinking faster than I was typing. That's exactly what I meant. 

New Developer

Unless RIM sends us all 1099-MISC's (which I doubt) you don't have to report it.

I got mine today too.. Haven't tried Bing maps as I've got a lot to do today, but just wanted to point out that GPS is a line of sight technology - meaning you must be in the open... Sometimes, they work inside, but rarely, try just stepping outside for a moment to see if you get a fix.

Anyone have any cool hacks yet? Or apps that are "must have?"

-spaz

Highlighted
Developer

Just received mine. tiny, heavy, solid,... love it, love it !!

posted by using my PB !

Developer
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)
My Carrier: Verizon

killerspaz wrote:

Unless RIM sends us all 1099-MISC's (which I doubt) you don't have to report it.

Even if 1099-MISC's are not sent out, I would highly recommend reporting it anyways.  It is the responsibility of the vender not RIM to keep up with that stuff.  Just trying to be the voice of the good angel. 

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The invoice price was $0.00.  The MSRP at a retailer outlet is $499. You could claim in your taxes that you received a gift worth $499, but the invoice still says $0.00.  if my math is correct, the amount to report is:

$0.00

New Developer

http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1099msc/ar02.html

streak81 pretty much summed it up... We got it as a gift for $0 - there's no evidence for what the value is for us aside from MSRP - but you don't pay taxes on MSRP evaluations.

I'd say report it if you want, but you're going to over pay in taxes.
Developer
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)
My Carrier: Verizon

streak81 wrote:

The invoice price was $0.00.  The MSRP at a retailer outlet is $499. You could claim in your taxes that you received a gift worth $499, but the invoice still says $0.00.  if my math is correct, the amount to report is:

$0.00

@streak81:  Agreed!  Please disregard my last post about reporting it.  Smiley Happy

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook w/ OS 2.1, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: None

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. Can't wait to get mine
--
May the Source be with You
Follow me on Twitter: @r0b0tmartin
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

streak81 wrote:

$0.00

Well, you don't even imagine how creative tax offices can be. Sometimes they want you to pay taxes from free Linux the same as for Windows received as a gift (from retail price) - it is caused by simple logic, it is free, it is the same as something worth lot's of money = it is profit, pay taxes. Smiley Very Happy

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications