Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

My app is App Of The Week!

Just got an email from BlackBerry about my app, 'Drums For BlackBerry PlayBook' being their app of the week, they are currently featuring it on their Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks BlackBerry!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: My app is App Of The Week!

In a week, report back and let us know how sales changed in terms of percent download and sales. Also, how long did it take to be featured after you made the request?
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I've been featured before on App World, but I think this is different becuase it is being pushed on social networking sites. On both occasions I did not request to be featured, they just contacted me.

I will report back regarding sales in a week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev Alpha B, Dev Alpha C

I'm new to the Blackberry development ecosystem, having just started with Flex/air for PlayBook. Facebook posts by Blackberry are always interesting to me; it looks like a dating scene. Blackberry posts a message, then kids give out their numbers for bb messenger in reply. Almost no directly relevant replies to the FB message. Right now there are over 1350 likes and 245 messages to your drum post:

http://facebook.com/BlackBerry/posts/10150234847425848

Also, some of the commenters in App World are brutal. It's almost as if purchasers don't realize that there is a person programming on the other end, getting 70 cents on the dollar to create the App they just savaged.

I would very much like to know how Social, in addition to Feature Listing is affecting App sales. It would also be interesting to know how more downloads/ratings affect the position of your app in App World after the spotlight has moved to someone else.
===============

Film App: Watch feature length Public Domain and Indie Films in your Blackberry Tablet, share, and post comments - with no ads: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/42793