Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

NEED HELP...Unable to get BBOS_SDK_94 recognized with FlashBuilder Burrito.

I am rather frustrated at this point, considering I have spent a week on this.

I need to know what is going wrong.  I have installed the following components FB Burrito and AdobeAirSDK2.5.

When I install BBOS_SDK_94 it prompts me for the FB Burritio install dir, and then the adobeAirSDK dir.  Since I am using the FLEX HERO SDK simply called "4.5" in my sdk directory, that is what I am using for the second directory.  After the installation of BBOS_SDK_94.  Whenever I create a "Flex Mobile Project", I select the FLEX HERO sdk and then the mobile device called BB Playbook.  After the build paths are created I STILL do not see any BBOS_SDK_94 components of any kind added to the build path.

Please advise.

Developer

Re: NEED HELP...Unable to get BBOS_SDK_94 recognized with FlashBuilder Burrito.

Hello,

I'm not sure about this sentence of yours:

I do not see any BBOS_SDK_94 components of any kind added to the build path

What do you expect exactly from the BB SDK installation ?

From what you say I think your installation process is ok. Now you should be able to create the "Hello World" qnx project and run it on the simulator. Otherwise you should be more specific on the error you encounter.

JC
New Developer

Thanks for the input thus far.

I am looking to create a flex mobile project that will reference the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK .94.  So after all of my installation steps are completed I am trying to simply create a new flex mobile project.  When I am going through the wizard, I get the following error message:

BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects.

The only way I am able to get past this message is to select the Flex Hero SDK.  However, when I do that I do not see any specific BB Tablet OS SDK .94 files being added to any of the build paths.  I am assuming that I have done something wrong within the installation process.

I have seen from other examples on the web that you can use Flex to do the UI.  And that's what I am attempting to do but for whatever reason I am unable to access the qnx.* stuff if go that route.

Please advise.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey bigmokujin,

You are correct in choosing the Flex Hero SDK in the first step of the project creation. In the next step do you see the BlackBerry Tablet OS in the target platform list and selected?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Yes, I do see it selected.  I deselect the Android option, and then click the NEXT button.  And the next screen is the build paths, and the only thing that shows up in the list s the Flex SDK.

I continued to play around with my current installation and was able to confirm that if I select NEW > Actionscript Mobile Project, the build paths seem to be correctly building the ties into the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK .94 because I see that I have the following files added:

blackberry.swc

qnx-screen.swc

qnx-air.swc

Which is what I was expecting to see when going the other path. 

Please advise.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

hey,

ah didnt see that you were doing a flex project. doing a flex mobile project doesnt automatically import the required swc files from the bb SDK.

1. you need to add the swc located in your bb sdk directory under frameworks/libs/air/qnx-air.swc by going to your Project Properties > Flex Build Path and hitting add swc. also remember after you add it, to change the link to "External" to avoid problems running it on the desktop.

2. Then do the same thing this time qnx-screen.swc. just as u added the qnx-air.swc did u need to add the qnx-screen.swc. Its located in the bbsdk/frameworks/lib/qnx-screen/qnx-screen.swc

3. to add the blackberry.swc do the same thing this time its in the frameworks/libs/blackberry/blackberry.swc location. once you added all three of those in that manner, you should be good.

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Thanks for the reply JRab. 

I was able to add the specific SWC files.  I am still unable to simply add the qnx components when within the flex project.  So I went with another direction of just hand coding the entire UI within actionscript.  I'll have to save that effort for my second app or for the first revision of my first app.

Thanks,

bigmokujin