Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Native SDK Beta Invitation Anyone?

I received mine as well. That was very fast!

Thanks RIM and dev team!

Developer
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: verizon

Is there a chance that you might not get an invite this time around?

Rim, I have had the playbook from day 1 and i am desperate to get my hands on the ndk, please please make me be next receiver of invite so i can stop pressing send/receive!!

Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Bell

Well it's been a few hours now, and in my email box I see...nothing. No invitation, no rejection. It's late in the day on the Friday of a long weekend, so perhaps that's it.

Oh well, another lesson in raised expectations dashed.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

They did say it was "first come, first served" for this phase, I believe, and given the questions they asked in the application form I expected they would also be selective, accepting only those people they believed would be likely to contribute useful feedback to them.

I do also expect that it being late on Friday is part of it though, and am not going to even think about it again before Tuesday (as it's a holiday in Canada on Monday).

(Edit: I actually meant that they implied there would be a limit on how many people were accepted into this phase, not that they'd do first come, first served.  If that's true and they hit the limit, we can expect another week or three delay before the promised "open beta" finally kicks in and we can finally all get it.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

I wonder if the "first come, first served" part of that is still operative, considering that as recently as a few hours ago, in this very thread, another invitation to request an invitation was issued.

Developer
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: verizon

thanks for more false hope,

i am pretty sure i was one of the first to register due to obsessivley checking the developers blog for news on this, i have one of the most consistently popular apps on the playbook market which my users are constantly emailing to request the use of hardware only available with the ndk, yet im sat here waiting for something i now know others have their hands on.

Thanks very much Rim. 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I just checked the various pages about this and the form itself, and can see no sign that they said either "first come, first served" or that they said there were limits on how many they would accept. Please disregard my earlier statements that I'd seen that, as it appears I must not have.

(They did, however, use the precise phrase "We will respond within two business days." when you submit, and still do.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

I do recall seeing "first come, first served" or words to that effect on the request form. I haven't gone back to check since then. There was also a preference as to Windows/Mac/Linux, and a free-form entry as to how/why you would benefit from early access (again not using the exact words, as hey it was a week and a half ago already). 

I want to believe in RIM and in this platform, but they just make it so **bleep** difficult.

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Very strange, I ticked Mac as my platform, yet there isn't a native SDK for Mac.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Passport

And I ticked Linux (though I use Windows if necessary).  Of course I still haven't heard anything either.  Then again, my motivation isn't really games.  Its producing a functional Qt Lighthouse plugin for the PlayBook, so we can start to write (or port) normal Qt applications in C++ for the PlayBook.

(Of course my justification on the form was slightly more vague, just saying something about porting Qt and/or open-source software/frameworks.)