Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
bigmokujin
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi
Accepted Solution

Need clarity around application transitions...

Okay I am going to start another app project, but this time I want to fully jump into the BB10 UI framework.  With that being said, I had a simple NOOB question.  Feel free to point me to any post that is already existing on the subject.

But I am curious how the app transitions are being accomplished in an AIR app??  It looks like that the menu option and invocation framework provide some screen transition capabilities.  However, I am not sure if that is even a correct assumption.  Can some one please shed a lil lite on the matter.

Please advise.

BP

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Need clarity around application transitions...

Tweener object built into the BB SDK.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobbydriscol
My Device: Playbook, 9670, 9800, 9350
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Caurina Tweener is included in the blackberry sources (caurina.transitions.Tweener).

With regards to the nativeWindow transitions, those are accomplished by the OS and only controllable from AIR using QNXCover.qnxCover.transition = QNXCoverTransition.NONE for example.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bigmokujin
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Thanks for the info.  I probably didn't explain my question as clearly as I needed to.

I was trying to ascertain what animations or transitions come with the specific classes with in the SDK.  And what I needed to code myself.  As in if I have an actionbar at the bottom, and I want the user to swipe a page of my application away, was that something that required me to use tweener or actuate to create that animation or did it come out of the box.

My main concern was the viewing of menu options.  I just couldn't discern if that animation had to be built as well.  From my research on the invocation framework, those animations come automatically (i think).

Anyway thanks for the details thus far, I will surely have a better understanding of this after this weekend.

BP

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

For invocation, that is managed by the OS.
For any internal paging or transitions, the app has to manage it.
Please use plain text.