Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

New Administrators' PlayBook security manual available

For those interested in such things, there's a new manual available which includes some background on the PlayBook security features.  The manual is in the Documentation for Administrators section, titled BlackBerry PlayBook Security.

Much of the content focuses (of course) on the Bridge capability and its use with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).

Items of interest include how "work data" is stored in an AES-256 encrypted filesystem, but only as long as the bridge is active.

The document is a bit light on technical detail in most cases, though it does contain a fairly long list of encryption-related tech that is supported at various levels, including encryption algorithms, hashes, message authentication codes, VPN support, and others.  Presumably much or all of those would become available to native code.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyprune
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New Administrators' PlayBook security manual available

Sadly, I have a Blackberry from my company (Fortune 500) but they don't allow to install Apps from the AppWorld. 

I wish, RIM found a way to get the tethering working without the bridge app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New Administrators' PlayBook security manual available

I am writing this reply from my Playbook connected via bluetooth to my 9800, wiith BlackBerry Bridge switched off.

Tethering is really simple to set up provided your IT policies allow it. And you don't need Bridge. Bridge is great by the way!

Please use plain text.