Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
p3pp3r
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

New SDK dated Feb 3rd 2012 is available

I noticed new 2.0.0 SDK which is dated Feb 3rd, 2012 is available on the BlackBerry download page.

A few of things:

1. Is there a change log file anywhere where it lists what has changed since last SDK? For sure it fixed one of my problems but it would be nice to see list of changes every time SDK is released. The New In This Release page appears to be addressing changes between 1.0.x SDK and 2.0.x SDK overall but there is no way to tell what has changed in between 2.0.x releases.
  2. I wish we could be notified here every time SDK is refreshed. I was coding away using previous version of SDK (from mid-January) and should I have known refresh was available would save me a lot of time debugging fixed problems. I check this forum daily, but I do not check the download page every day (and if I did, I would have to attempt download SDK each time to check the file name if changes since after the nice download page refresh the version number or date is no longer provided on the download page).
  3. Is the Feb 3rd the latest FINAL RTM version or still beta? I noticed all references to BETA are gone on the download page...

Thanks!

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New SDK dated Feb 3rd 2012 is available

1. There is nothing that addresses changes between Beta 2 and this release separately. We included all of the changes from all the beta's to make sure that a developer who didn't participate in the Beta gets a full picture of what's changed.

2. We post to the forum when there is a new download available. I think this might have gotten lost in the new webiste annoucement. Would be good to have a mailing list or something that you could subscribe to. I will bring this back to the team and see what we can do.

3. This is the Gold release of 2.0. No more Beta.

Developer
p3pp3r
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

Re: New SDK dated Feb 3rd 2012 is available

Thank you for your clarifications. Regarding #2 - mailing list would be ideal but just a post in the forum here would be sufficient for me as i check the forums daily when i am actively developing. -- regarding #3 - wow! didnt realize it was gold - thanks!

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.