Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New release signing fails

I signed and submitted an app before the 9.4 sdk was released. After it was approved, I waited to recompile with the new sdk, thinking there might be yet a later version before the tablets were released. That seems unlikely now so I have recompiled and tested with 9.4 and am trying to sign this version. I increased the version number in the -app.xml, recompiled, made a new bar, verified that the sdk version and app version had been changed in the manifest. The simulator can tell that this and the old one are different versions (ids  are different). I tried to sign it on the signing server using the same .p12 file as for the first version. Got the error:
Error = Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed

What did I forget? I seem to be following the recommendations here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/New-release-update-version/m-p/97...
and elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Re: New release signing fails

It was mentioned in another thread to check for a bar.sig file and remove it.

You could also try cleaning your project after you update the version number.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer

I ran into a similar problem. Are you using any of the same files that were on the previous .bar? If so, repackage the app using the original files as a source instead.

Hope this helps.

Developer

Arby10101: Does this help? :smileyhappy:

Contributor

I had already seen the thread that mentioned the .sig file and deleted it. It seems to be recreated with every failed attempt but I always get rid of it.

Kai001

Maybe that link does help. It seems to contradict the recommendation from the thread I referenced in my original post. In your post you say to repeat the csksetup and run the keytool again. I didn't do that. I did try signing with a newly created .p12 file but have never repeated csksetup. Am I supposed to?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

@arby: I highly recommend you do not repeat the registration process using the same .csj file. it will most likely corrupt your db file and you will be forced to order a new set of keys. it's happened before.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey arby,

can you try to extract the contents of your .bar file and check the manifest file? also here's what you should do:

1. Clear the directory where you are putting the exported bar file.

2. Increment the versionNumber field in the -app.xml in the src directory (not bin-debug).

3. Go to Project > Clean and choose your project and hit OK.

4. Then export your project as you normally would.

5. Once that fails, extract the contents of the failed .bar file and copy and paste the Manifest file here in the forums.

6. Then try to do steps 1 to 5 again and paste the new manifest file after it fails. That way we have the two manifest files and we can compare. Remember to follow each step accordingly.

Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

Thanks JRab; I'll try to do this tonight if I get back in time.
Contributor

MSohm posted on another thread that the server had sometimes(?) been causing this problem and elsewhere that there is to be server maintenance tonight. I'll let this rest and try again tomorrow.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Probably a good idea. Yesterday I continuously got this error and the only solution was to keep re trying until it worked. Hopefully the maintenance tonight will fix this.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -