Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
adrianpomilio
My Device: Not Specified

No Interfaces Available in simulator IP Field

Anyone had this happen?  Everything was going good, restarted my VM, turned on developer mode and went to get the ip and I see "No Interfaces Available"  

Can't seem to figure this out.  Any ideas?

New Developer
adrianpomilio

Re: No Interfaces Available in simulator IP Field

Okay, if anyone runs into this issue it has to do with your VM. 

It seems moving around from different networks throws a little monkey wrench into VMWare.  So if you are ever getting the message "No Interfaces Available" instead of an IP address in the simulator look at your VM.

For me it took a few different tries to get it working again, but they went something like this:

Check your network adapter, change if needed.

Power off the VM (aka reboot it)

Turn on the VM and take your normal steps to turn on development and get the ip address.

It was weird enough and caught me completely off guard.  

Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Thanks for the info and glad you were able to solve your own issue.

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
Contributor
bbpb

Not sure where I should post this, since I have the same problem, but it hasn't been able to be solved by this same solution.

I get the no interfaces available message and I have configured vmware's network adapter with every permutation of available settings, and created new adapters with each setting permutation (resetting in between each change), to no avail.

I do, however, get this at startup (screenshot can be provided, but it's all ascii, so I might as well type):

[ Starting audio driver ]

[ Starting usb ]

[ Starting HID ]

[ Starting PPS ]

[ Starting coreServices ]

[ Starting Networking ]

CURRENT IP ADDRESS:

fe80::20c:29ff:feb6:7726%en0

[ Starting Screen ]

Any thoughts?

Contributor
bbpb

Ah-ha. Gotcha moment revealed.

Apparently I had a host system reboot pending, so when I restarted my Windows box, the simulator started up appropriately.

More directly: if you're in my shoes, try rebooting your system and see if that kicks VMWare into gear.

Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Glad another person was able to solver their own issue!

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
Regular Visitor
viza

Is there any other ideas what I can do to get rid of this "No interfaces available" message?

I tried every suggestion mentioned here but no succes.

Tried every network adapter settings in VMware Player (bridged, bridged with replicate, NAt, Host only), rebooted the virtual machine more times with every setting, rebooted the host OS (Win7), added VMware to the firewall exceptions (there were already "VMware authd" there, but added VMware Player just to be sure), deleted and reinstalled the vitual machine, even tried on an another machine (win XP 64 bit) but got "No interfaces available" every time.

I installed the previous version of the virtual machine a couple of months ago, and it worked (at least it got an ip - I never tried to actually install a program to it, because I was in crunchtime in an another project), but now I installed the previous version again, and "No interfaces available" there too...

The "About" section of settings is not listing an ip adress neither - the only "inet" adress is 127.0.0.1 which is not that usefull... There are some "inet6" adresses but i guess tat not good enough for developent mode :smileysad:

Is there anything else I can try to make it work? I really would like to develop for Playbook, but so far it seems I hit a brick wall right at the starting line...

Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

viza,

Did you install the OS to a local drive, external drive, or drive on a remote machine? I know I had similar troubles when my install went on a remote machine here at home and access it using wifi connection from laptop.

Also, next time you might want to start a new thread with your issue, and reference the thread you started with.