Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
Benj851
My Device: Not Specified

No this doesn't go here but it doesn't go anywhere

I want the playbook badly I mean real bad I Love blackberry. I wish I had it today. I plan on using it for law school. I have two questions but I don't know where to ask them and since they are app related I figured this was the best bet....
Knowing that I am going to buy It anyways Can I run any type of Microsoft onenote on this? And can I write input (inking ) into the tablet? For instance notes into onenote?

Thanks for the answers or to anyone that creates the app that can do this.

And should anyone with BB power choose to feel like advertising and let me purchase a playbook now I'd show it off to everyone as all my peers are looking at tablets as a way to access their books, write their notes, attend webinars, and other various tasks.

Again thanks for responses not flaming
Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: No this doesn't go here but it doesn't go anywhere

My understanding is that the stylus for the playbook arent going to get great an will be similar to the ipad ones. they are really just simulating a very small persons finger and not a point. There are devices Whig are coming out in the near future with true point recognition accuracy but i haven't hear RIM touting this feature so I am pretty sure it doesn't have it
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I won't "flame" per se, but this isn't the forum for such questions.  You'd be better off asking on CrackBerry.com or perhaps some non-development related forum above.  (Though I'm sure you'll get answers anyway, but we really don't want lots of non-dev discussion muddying the waters in here.)

As for notes, you can certainly do notes, with any kind of note app.  There will also be a Word-like equivalent.

Handwriting could come, if someone wrote or ported a hand-writing recognition library to it.  Definitely won't see that overnight, and I understand capacitive touch screens are really the best for this anyway.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
dtater
My Device: 9700 | 9900 | PlayBook | Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Many :)

Microsoft will need to make a OneNote app.

Inking is app-dependent, and so far i have not seen anybody impliment this.

- - - - - - - - - -
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Benj851
My Device: Not Specified

I completely agree that this thread is irregular, however on other forums the answer could vary and could be incorrent, false, to user made up fictions. Whereas here, although bound to irritate [which again, I apolize for] I will/have received the answers I am looking for. Thank you. 

I also think that many will not even tread into this forum, however after a few days I will close, and delete this thread to make sure there are not random people posting here. 

I do appreciate all the feedback I am receiving, and again Thank You All. 

Benjamin.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Is have a feeling a moderator is going to beat you in deleting this thread. So you better get your answers quick
Please use plain text.