Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
ahazdesigns
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Not sure if signing in flex builder is working properly

so has anyone successfully signed their application from flex builder and gotten the proper files in the .bar? Or is there a rim employee who can possibly look into this and make sure we are doing the steps correctly?

Please use plain text.
Developer
acowart
My Carrier: Sprint

I have actually gotten the signing to work with the latest 0.9.4 on Windows 7 - I can't think of anything I'm doing differently.

Selected my .p12 cert I made back when I manually signed stuff, then just chose to export release build and my .bar files have 5 files (2 author, 2 rdk, 1 manifest) in the right folder.  Seems to be working on both apps I've tried.

Andrew Cowart | Metova
www.metova.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns

then i really wish there were some sort of documentation explaining exactly how to go through the signing process through flex (without command line). Because i made my certificate via flex.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

@ahaz: they posted documentation on how to do it through burrito here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

not sure if u saw that already. i also recommend you order new keys in case it might have to do with some sort of corruption of the DB for the key.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dawolfen
My Carrier: Rogers

I think there's just something wrong on the IDE side. I'm having the same trouble signing my .bar with 0.9.4 via the IDE. Even though I'm exporting a release build, if I manually take the .bar file and try to sign via the command line like I did in 0.9.3, it tells me I can't because the .bar is still in debug mode!

So even though we are explicitly trying to export a release build, adobe ain't giving it to us.

I saw another post you made JRab in another thread, I will try when I get home.

This whole process is very trying on the patience.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns

4. In the Proxy entries field, select the HTTP schema. Click Edit.

1. In the Host field, specify the proxy host address.

2. In the Port field, specify the proxy host port.

Im stuck on step 4, what proxy host address and port are they talking about?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

@ahaz: you can skip the section on proxy servers if you dont use one. only for those with it.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
ddluk
My Carrier: Play and Plus

Here is the answer.

If your computer connects to the Internet through a proxy server, you should configure Adobe® Flash® Builder to use your proxy server during the signing process to contact the RIM® Signing Authority.

2sky.pl - Software development is our passion.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sky858

Ok, I figured out how to get it to work correctly in Flash builder 4.0.1 (This might also work in Burrito, but ive never used it so I don't know).  What I did differently was restarted Flash Builder (I had had it minimized for weeks previously).  After that I went to window>preferences>FlashBuilder>InstalledFlexSdks

in order to make sure it was using the 0.9.4 SDK (and it had reverted to an older one so you will want to make sure to check this).  What I did differently than the instructions from Blackberry said to do was I clicked project>Export Blackberry tablet os release build (this option suddenly showed up after I restarted Flash Builder).  I went through the steps on that and I was successful.  I checked my bar by making a copy of it and unzipping it and the Meta.inf file now contains AUTHOR.EC, AUTHOR.SF, MANIFEST, RDK.EC, and RDK.SF

It does work perfectly, I just had to restart Flash builder for some reason.  (I also changed the version# of my app just in case it would make a difference)

I hope this helps somebody and if you have any questions about any of the steps I took feel free to ask!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dawolfen
My Carrier: Rogers

I ended up going back to the command line to package and sign my app. I've wasted too much time on this for my sanity's sake. For what it's worth, I have both 0.9.3 and 0.9.4 hanging around (though I made sure my settings were pointing to 0.9.4). They must be conflicting somehow. Wish I could figure out how to uninstall 0.9.3, but I don't see it in Add/Remove programs.

Anyways, I did it the manual way and now it's signed and submitted!

I used a refresher course from this thread, look towards the bottom of the 1st post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Useful-Tip-Package-Images-Via-Com...

Please use plain text.