Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
Wailord
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Not sure if signing in flex builder is working properly

Fwiw, I did the same. There wasn't really a point in trying to make it work. It was more of a matter of convenience than anything. Updated (command line-signed) BAR's waiting on approval. :smileyhappy:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wanna give my Playbook app a look, that'd be pretty cool. :smileyhappy: It's easyTrans in the App World.
New Developer
comantis
My Device: Not Specified

FYI - I requested a new CSJ file, and did the create and register process through the FLash Builder IDE, and signing is working fine for me now.  

New Developer
comantis

Actually, nevermind.  It only worked fine the first time (when I used 'create' and 'register' ).  Subsequent attempts are not signing.  I think RIM could have at least put in some basic error handling in, to see whether code signing was successful or not.  I bet they will get a few .bar files from people who think they have signed but really have not.

I will stick to signing from command line for now.

New Developer
comantis

[ Edited ]

UGH last post from me now I promise.  The reason the IDE was not signing my .bar on subsuquent attempts was that I forgot to change the version number of my app.  So it was getting an error but was silently failing.  It works when I change the version number.

Developer
Lampei

Just wanted to add my confirmation that "YES", it does work via Flash Builder Burrito using 0.9.4 to sign the app.

The major caveat is that you add

-debug=false

to the compiler settings (after -locale en_US)

and then do a "clean" of the project.

FB states that it does nothing when compiling the swf, but apparently it *does* as it actually signs the app when you do it that way :smileyhappy:  It states that all debug information has been removed if you try to run it in debug mode.

Once you do this, and do an "export release build", you should get a nice bar file with multiple files in your meta-inf folder.

Developer
ahazdesigns
My Device: 9530, 9550, 9630

then i really dont understand what i am doing wrong. Ive done everything that each person says has helped them to properly sign (including getting new keys and creating a new certificate) but i have yet to have any luck signing.

Developer
Lampei

I know it's a bit of a pain, but can you post the steps you are following to perform your export (or point to the post in this thread where you did that)?  We might be able to figure out where the sticking point is.

Developer
ahazdesigns
My Device: 9530, 9550, 9630

added:-debug=false to compiler args

went to project > clean project

project > export release build

Chose export and sign > next

Put check in include Blackberry tablet os libraries in build path, and in enable digital signing

Finish

end result is with a bar file unsigned and a <MyApp>.bar.sig file that is empty in the same folder as the .bar

Developer
Lampei

Did you also add the blackberry-tablet.xml file (same directory as your MyApp.xml file)?

copy this

<qnx>
  <initialWindow>
    <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
    <transparent>false</transparent>
  </initialWindow>
  <publisher>hsharma.com</publisher>
  <category>core.games</category>
  <icon>
    <image>Icon_86.png</image>
  </icon>
  <splashscreen>crazygems-splash.jpg</splashscreen>
</qnx>

making changes where necessary (you can remove the splash screen and if you've added your own images to the MyApp.xml, you don't have to worry about the "icon > image" node either.

Very important piece to this file is the publisher node.  That's the thing that needs to match up to whatever name you signed your keys with (company name or individual name).  This must match that exactly.

Make sure this xml file is included in the files that are used during the signing process.

Contributor
sky858

[ Edited ]

Did you try export blackberry tablet os release build instead of export release build?  That is what worked for me.  If you don't have that option shown under project try restarting flash builder and make sure it is set to use 0.9.4.  That is what worked for me as I wrote in a post on page 2 or 3 here.  Also, I didn't put debug=false and it still worked fine.