Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
BrentSmith
My Device: Not Specified

NotificationManager in new SDK

Hey All,

I'm looking at the qnx package and I noticed these classes that don't appear in the ASDocs:

qnx.notificationManager.NotificationManager

qnx.notificationManager.NotificationProvider

qnx.notificationManager.Notification

qnx.events.NotificationEvent

I'm hoping these have something to do with application notifications as this would be really handy for the app I'm currently working on. Has anyone figured out how to use these classes?

Thanks,

Brent

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: NotificationManager in new SDK

Assuming that the API are functional and follow some sort of publish and subscribe model, you will have to know if the service on the PB exists, runs and is functional.  Sounds like a good science project for someone.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I'm my opinion it would be unwise to do much more than just study those.  I've looked them over a month ago, though to tell the truth I'd forgotten about them already.

As they're undocumented, you can also consider them to be unstable, as in the API will change in later releases, not to mention possibly candidates for removal and replacement with entirely different mechanisms.  They might be leftovers from an earlier development path, which they've abandoned in favour of a new approach.

On the other hand, the QNXStageWebView was undocumented but present in the earlier releases, and the API did change slightly, it was more a case of a few lines of code needing changing to catch up with it.

Even if they work under the covers, I doubt the System Tray code in the latest simulator is doing anything about it, so you likely won't be able to see the effects of much that you may do with it.  The earlier simulator at least had the little flag icon in the upper left corner, but this one does not.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
BrentSmith
My Device: Not Specified

Probably sound advise, just seems a shame that notifications aren't available (yet).

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

It's a shame many things aren't available yet.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.