Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
rameshl

Open doc files

Hi..

I need to open a doc file which is available in playbook. Is it possible to open document files?. what are the file formats supported by playbook?..  Any  Suggestions ????......

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh.L

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Open doc files

Nothing has been released in this area.  I would guess that PDF would be supported, but my guess it might be some time before we see viewers for .doc/.docx files that can be editted.  I would expect a translator to PDF and then PDF reader via an HTML viewer would be more possible in AIR.

Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Carrier: Plus GSM

In one of the movies I've seen 'DocumentsToGo' icons on the device, along with Adobe PDF Readers, so it may be possible. QNXApplication class does have function for opening files in external applications. Maybe this will be the best way to do it, rather than guessing.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

That would be great if DTG (http://www.dataviz.com/index.html) application is a native application to the PB.  If that was provided in a Flash/AIR environment, that would be greate for non-BB AIR application development.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Also, it would be great if they or BB provided an API that allowed an application to open those files and get a callback event when the file has been saved.

Please use plain text.