Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
patrickheinzelmann
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: o2

Open the music store from an AIR application

[ Edited ]

Is there a way to open the music store (7digital application) from an AIR application. I'm using a webservice which provide the 7digital partner url of the song and I would like to use this url to open the store so that the user can directly buy the song.

The developer documentation of 7digital provides only information about iOS and Android.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out PlayBook Device Simulation and Last.fm ON AIR for the PlayBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Open the music store from an AIR application

Application interoperability is not currently available. this has been asked from the very beginning and still no word in how to do this. Right now, you can open a browser, app world, and email (if linked to BB phone).
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce
My Device: Not Specified

Currently the Music Store app supports the following.

musicstore://search - Launches the Music Store application and displays the album search results for the specified string.
ie: musicstore://search=born this way - launches the Music Store application and displays the album search results for "born this way".

musicstore://search/song - Launches the Music Store application and displays the song search results for the specified string.
ie: musicstore://search/song=born this way - launches the Music Store application and displays the song search results for "born this way".

musicstore://search/artist - Launches the Music Store application and displays the artist search results for the specified string.
ie: musicstore://search/artist=lady gaga - launches the Music Store application and displays the artist search results for "lady gaga".

This isn't exactly what you want though so I have logged a feature request internally for more specific deep linking.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Is there a simple way to open up another application? For example, by it's application ID?
Please use plain text.