Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

PB 2.0 Air Tutorial - Make "Icon,Title,Status Text" List Items - ala Native Apps

Hi.

I need a simple and step by step tutorial on how to make custom lists like the ones in the OS 2.0 Messages app or source code.

LISTS

Each list item will have

1) Icon to the left

2) Title text, description text, and status text

3) Basic styling (white background, onClick blue gradient background)

Select List Item

1) Add checkbox to each list item

The forum posts/replies and kb article about skinning are really confusing, and even after reading them 20 times, I still can't make a simple list with more than one line per list item.

These components will be used in my Playbook app. I am knowing how to make them will be helpful to any developer making content rich applications.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PB 2.0 Air Tutorial - Make "Icon,Title,Status Text" List Items - ala Native Apps

Have you looked at the renderer examples on the forum?
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Re: PB 2.0 Air Tutorial - Make "Icon,Title,Status Text" List Items - ala Native Apps

Yes. I do not find them helpful. Is there source code for complete application. I need to see how the files FIT TOGETHER. 

Also, here is a great example of an application that has applied these custom list items/buttons etc. Maybe I will have better help emailing the developers how they implemented some of these controls.

Organize Me App

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUV_DDEygok

If someone can post code on GitHub that would be greatly appreciated by me and others.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

The app in the YouTube video looks like it was created using the Enyo Javascript framework that has been open sourced by HP.  You can check out the framework at enyojs.com and search for their code examples on github.  Obviously we are talking Webworks if you want to use Enyo.