Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

PB without email client....? RIM?

Hi,

did I've missed the thread or isn't there a discussion about the missing email client? After I've read this article I must ask: are you serious?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/rim-launching-playbook-without-native-email-client-shoots-itse...

In Germany we have a word for this: Rohrkrepierer. That means that something is stillborn. I hope the playbook won't be stillborn just because of a missing feature. It's such a good device, and yes, everyone could check the mails via browser at his providers website, but hey, RIM has always been known for the push mail service. Blackberry is known for perfect email handling.

Can someone tell me when this update will be released? I'm thinking about an email client app....

cheers

lrrm

(no, it's not an complainment, even when it sounds like one).

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PB without email client....? RIM?

Crackberry also has a post on this as well, so I'd say its pretty much set in stone that, NO, the PB will NOT have a stand-alone email client.

It WILL have Bridge, which can be used to access all of your PIM information on your BB smartphone.

That pretty-much makes it an accessory for your BB smartphone at this point. I can understand the decision as it is a Wifi only device at this point.

However, that problem will be fixed, and SOON. There is no way IMHO that a version with 3G or 4G can omit this feature, and those are slated to be released this summer.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.