Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
BrianMcPeek
My Device: Torch 9850/64GB PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Packaging and signing in Flash Builder Burrito using 0.9.4 SDK

Hey guys. Alright I know there are honestly a million post on the forums about this topic but I just wanted to be certain and had some questions myself. Alright so I used Flash Builder Burrito to sign and package my application. My application is a Flex Mobile Application, and I am using 0.9.4 SDK. I used the MANY post on this forum to go through the signing and packaging processes and It worked perfectly no errors at all. The two files I got after packaging and signing were my apps .bar and bar.sign files. I saw in other post to extract the .bar file to see if its properly signed and if the icon is in there. How do you do this will WinRAR or PowerISO extract this type of file. I'm only concerned because all the post Iv seen are all saying theres tons of bugs with packaging and signing using burrito but all I could see was they were using the 0.9.3 SDK. Should I have a problem with my .bar file? I'm not sure how to extract my .bar file to see the contents so I can at least check to make sure it is signed and packaged correctly. Can any one give me another post or article on how to extract the .bar file and check to make sure its all good to submit to RIMM. My previous version was denied from RIMM for not being signed and sending the De-Bug version. I just re-summited the .bar I got from using the new SDK and got no errors so I'm hoping this is right. Any way thanks in advance and any help would be great.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Packaging and signing in Flash Builder Burrito using 0.9.4 SDK

The .bar file is just a zip file.  Any util that allows you to read a zip file will work.  If you need to rename the .bar to a .zip that is OK but be certain to rename it back before upload.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
BrianMcPeek
My Device: Torch 9850/64GB PlayBook

Re: Packaging and signing in Flash Builder Burrito using 0.9.4 SDK

OHHH, alright da makes sense. THANKS A LOT!!! Ill have to unzip it when I get home and then check other post for what to look for to see if everything is good. Thanks again!

Please use plain text.