Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook | Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Payments Service (In App Purchases) not working in live application after BB10 OS update (Adobe AIR)

There seems to be some issue with the Payments Service (for In App Purchases) after the latest BB10 OS update for Apps built using Adobe AIR. Here is our experience with two of our apps:

Everything works fine with Sandbox mode turned on (i.e.. when using PaymentSystem.CONNECTION_MODE_LOCAL). The system displays the Payments workflow dialog and successfully fires all events, etc.

In the release build of the application however, the application just freezes after tapping on the “Buy” button. The application becomes completely unresponsive and has to be killed. Needless to say no purchases occur.

We tested this using the sandbox testing (by uploading the application in drafts mode, downloading it and trying to make the purchase). We also have support tickets from at least one user who is experiencing the same behavior (app becomes unresponsive on attempting to purchase any item).

Details of Build and Environment:

Build:
Compiling using Adobe AIR 3.5 / Flex 4.6.0
BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 3.2.1

Runtime:
Device: BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2)
Software: 10.2.1.537

Any leads about resolving this would be highly appreciated.