Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Performance hit Multitouch?

Hello everybody,

I just finished up the basics of my application and I wanted to add some gesture support. The problem is if I add this line:

Multitouch.inputMode = MultitouchInputMode.GESTURE;

My performance suffers hugely! I am talking about a 0.5s to 10s waiting time increase! Is this a bug or (yet) unsupported feature or something I am doing wrong? I am not yet even listening for gestures.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
zezke

Re: Performance hit Multitouch?

I swapped my zip library and this seems to fix the performance problem. I was using this library but I use FZip now instead. Still very strange, but I guess that's what being a software developer is all about:smileytongue:

BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook

how are you testing multitouch for a PlayBook application?  is your work vanilla-AIR and you're testing your application on a touch enabled device?  

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
zezke

I wasn't testing it, I just wanted to create all methods for gesture in advance so I am prepared for future gesture support.