If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Performance tips for AIR application development

RIM has said that this would be a priority after BB10 has been released. Rumor has this around April/May. It would only be released when there is a API update to the platform. Of course, an API update could happen before the new runtime is available. Should know more from JAM Europe next week.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

We missed the window to get the runtime updated in the first version of BlackBerry 10. This window closed many many months ago. Long story short, when developing an OS you don't want to modify a core piece of it while trying to build around it. The next API/SDK update will have QWERTY keyboard support and bug fixes. We're still working on timelines but the next major OS update announcement (which will include the updated AIR runtime) will probably happen at BlackBerry Jam Americas in May.

I know this is what you've all been waiting for and I have been pushing everyone with an email address to get it in there as fast as they can but some things just take time. I promise you won't be disapponted with what we have planned.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Can you say if we will have a beta long before then to migrate our apps to the new stuff? Or, is "May" a time to start getting a beta?
Please use plain text.
dmalik

You can expect a beta around then along with an annoncement of when the update will happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Wow, that will mean their will be an AIR session in Florida! We can feel included again.
Please use plain text.
dmalik

[ Edited ]

Ok just got word that the AIR news is coming next week in the roadmap session given by Tim Neil at Jam Europe.

Please use plain text.
Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

BOOM, thanks Dustin! 

This fits perfectly with our launch timelines, great to have confirmation :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.