Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: PlayBook Tablets are now shipping to developers!

They really should stop using relative terms and start saying an actual date.
-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
tensioncore
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

rleo79 wrote:

Hello guys

on 04/15 I sent an email to "The Blackberry Developer Program team <.....@tmgideas.com>" quoting the famous Twitter message :

Touchstone (tmgideas.com) is shipping the free Blackberry #Playbook tablets for developers. Look for your free tablet to ship soon !" ^MK

I got an answer from the same address on 04/18 00:51 GMT+1, this is the message : 

The BlackBerry PlayBook is expected to be in market this week.  We expect to be able to begin shipping the devices shortly after the market launch.
Thank you,
The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
Hope this helps :smileywink:
Leo

Impressive, I emailed the same email and never got an answer

CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

rleo79 wrote:

Hello guys

on 04/15 I sent an email to "The Blackberry Developer Program team <.....@tmgideas.com>" quoting the famous Twitter message :

Touchstone (tmgideas.com) is shipping the free Blackberry #Playbook tablets for developers. Look for your free tablet to ship soon !" ^MK

I got an answer from the same address on 04/18 00:51 GMT+1, this is the message : 

The BlackBerry PlayBook is expected to be in market this week.  We expect to be able to begin shipping the devices shortly after the market launch.
Thank you,
The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
Hope this helps :smileywink:
Leo

They're so vague they can't even confirm that the device will be out the release date of the 19th! Expected to be in market this week....psh.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jetstreamblue
My Device: Z10 LE #00055
My Carrier: Telus

Latest tweet:

BlackBerryDev Free PlayBook offer devices start shipping globally April 22nd. Devs will receive email from Touchstone with tracking number when sent.  ^MK

Guess we have a few more days to wait...

VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
chall3ng3r
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE
My Carrier: UfonePK

Ahh... Finally.

Pateintly waiting for mine :smileyhappy:

// chall3ng3r //

--
- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post :smileyhappy:
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: PlayBook Tablets are NEARLY shipping to developers!

Just saw the Twitter post myself!

Finally I can breathe a sigh of relief and know it will happen soon! Hey, I might even get my PlayBook here in Blighty by the end of the month!

WOOT!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
nobleRobot
My Device: Free Playbook!
My Carrier: n/a

Aww man, shipping on *Friday*? That means we might still have almost two weeks of waiting... *Grumble* :Innocent:

Well, at least we know now.

mark-lacroix.com | Operators: the game with two sides
Please give me Kudos if I've earned it!
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
mkirkup
My Device: Not Specified

I wanted to provide some additional clarification on the free PlayBook offer and device shipment details given the comments on this thread and in the forums in general.  We wanted to ensure that all of the devices could start shipping at the same time for our developer community and have been working hard with Touchstone to ensure we get the logistics right.

Devices for the free PlayBook offer will start shipping globally to developers on April 22nd and you will receive an email from Touchstone with shipping information (tracking numbers, etc) when the device has been shipped out the door.  We really appreciate your patience with the process to date and are excited to get these well deserved devices into your hands.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

mkirkup wrote:

I wanted to provide some additional clarification on the free PlayBook offer and device shipment details given the comments on this thread and in the forums in general.  We wanted to ensure that all of the devices could start shipping at the same time for our developer community and have been working hard with Touchstone to ensure we get the logistics right.

Devices for the free PlayBook offer will start shipping globally to developers on April 22nd and you will receive an email from Touchstone with shipping information (tracking numbers, etc) when the device has been shipped out the door.  We really appreciate your patience with the process to date and are excited to get these well deserved devices into your hands.

Glad to see you're working through the stat holiday to get us our devices!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Half of the problem solved.  Now will wait to see if I actually receive the shippment email. Let's hope i'm not lost in their list.

Please use plain text.