Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
mertreload
My Device: Soon PlayBook

Re: PlayBook Tablets are now shipping to developers!

You made my day. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Aenimea
My Device: Storm

And now it I'm worried because my app got accepted then rejected because of bad signing, but I filled the shipping info, so will I still get one or not?

Gimme a tracking number, gimme :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
mertreload
My Device: Soon PlayBook

I'm living in Turkey and everything over 150EUROs gets stuck in customs. 

How about BB PlayBook?

Will it be sent like a gift ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Arnimea, if you've already filled out shipping info they aren't going to take it away from you.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
Aenimea
My Device: Storm

Jffurlan, thanks for your answer :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tayshun12
My Device: Torch 9800

@wingflap http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/13/blackberry-playbo... engadget did the review! Not bad battery compared to the iPad 2 considering the size difference, and the OS version
Please use plain text.
Contributor
becooltim
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930 & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing the NDA expired last night at 9:00 PM EST. Every gadget site had a review that they posted at exactly that time.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mkirkup
My Device: Not Specified

Lots of questions in the forums today on my tweet last night that I want to clear up.

1.  The main purpose of the tweet last night was to help our community understand that Touchstone is responsible for shipping out the devices.  If you are getting an email asking for your shipping information from Touchstone (tmgideas.com) it is a legitimate message.

2.  For timing of the shipment, we are shipping as close to the 19th as possible.  We understand the desire to get these devices into your hands not only to play with them (it is a PlayBook after all) but also to test your applications.  We want nothing more than to get your PlayBook to you as soon as possible.

3. For confusion around approvals of your app and then rejections of the same app I want to provide some additional clarity.  The initial approval is to indicate that in terms of the free PlayBook offer you have been approved as your application has met the requirements of the offer.  The subsequent rejection of your application indicates that it is not suitable for sale in App World in its current state.  The most common reason is that your application is not effectively code signed.  Check out this forum thread for good information on ensuring your app is effectively signed.  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Mike,

Certainly appreciate you coming in and helping clear the air.

Do you happen to know if we will in fact receive a shipping email with tracking number when it ships, or will it just show up at the door? Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Thank you for your clear explanation. Will the devices be shipped all around the globe?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.