Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
gyubok
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

PlayBook promotion shipping date

Now that the promotion has ended (March1) and have filled out the shipping address form, where can we get the information regarding the date of the shipment?

Will developers receive PlayBooks earlier than the general public? Will RIM start shipping on the day it becomes available to the public? Does anybody know?

I think they should start shipping them now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
appnewby
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: PlayBook promotion shipping date

Pretty sure it finishes 15th March not the 1st...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out MyBestShot for the playbook in Blackberry Appworld.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Acenet
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Free BlackBerry PlayBook offer extended to March 15, 2011

So first, it's not ended,

and *free* devices will be posted when ready... no date announced.

JC
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

No shipping date announced.  No public released announced.  They will probably start shipping them to us when it is available to the public.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

While I'm optimistic that we will receive our devices first, I highly doubt RIM will ship them to us before they're on store shelves. HOWEVER, if RIM is listening I know there are a lot of developers who are waiting for some FaceTime with the device to update their apps. I know I would have more confidence if I knew my app was running how I wanted it to, and it would definitely help with the quality of apps.

Just something to think about, RIM :smileywink:
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch

Hi folks,

Thank you for submitting an app for the BlackBerry PlayBook.  The qualifying developers for the free BlackBerry PlayBook are a top priority in shipping the new devices and we need to ensure the devices are the ready for shipment.  As soon as they are, we will begin shipments.

We look forward to a shared success!

Please use plain text.
Developer
T55555
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

samyotte wrote:

Hi folks,

Thank you for submitting an app for the BlackBerry PlayBook.  The qualifying developers for the free BlackBerry PlayBook are a top priority in shipping the new devices and we need to ensure the devices are the ready for shipment.  As soon as they are, we will begin shipments.

We look forward to a shared success!

Wow. Good news. Cannot wait ....

---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.
Playbook Applications: Chinese Calendar and Zodiac, Peg Solitaire!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Wow is right. While I'm new to this (and nothing more than a single developer) I do believe it is in RIMs best interest to get the devices in our hands first. I mean, honestly, who here has anything negative to say about the PlayBook, no matter where their loyalties were 3 months ago? We're like little hype drones lol, and I think everyone here would be running around showing it off. Can't buy marketing like that :smileywink:
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev
My Device: Free PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

I know RIM doesn't want a bunch of PlayBooks showing up on ebay before the official release date but it would be nice if we could get a real PlayBook a few weeks before the public release to play with...  err test apps on, yeah for testing apps (lol I can't wait to get my free PlayBook).

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Very exciting news! I can't wait to test gestures in my app.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.