Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
mseth
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook Email Client and API

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is info on the Blackberry Playbook Email Client? I'm building an application from which I'd like to user to share content via email with his/her friends. Please let me know if anyone has anythinng on this.. even the smallest details might be of help.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Playbook Email Client and API

There is no info on how to send e-mails from applications at this moment.

As for the device itself, at launch the e-mail client will require the PlayBook to be bridged to an actual BlackBerry to function.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

zezke wrote:

There is no info on how to send e-mails from applications at this moment.

As for the device itself, at launch the e-mail client will require the PlayBook to be bridged to an actual BlackBerry to function.

It will be possible when 3G model hit the market. I bet that there will be update with standalone mail client for WiFi only devices.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.
Developer
studiochris
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

As a workaround, maybe you could pass data to a web service (written in PHP, for example) and have the service send the mail.

Please use plain text.