Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook Simulator - nothing shows after blackberry loading screen with 3d acceleration turned on

After following the instructions and running the Playbook simulator, all I get is a cursor on black screen after the loading bar screen.

Re-ran the virtual machine etc with no change.

I turned off 3d accelaration in the VM display options, and then it appeared as it should.

I am running on a Dell XPS notebook (Win7 64bit Ultimate, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT) and latest VMWare player 3.1.3.  I would have thought I should be able to run with 3d accel turned on.

Is there anything which will be negatively affected by having no 3d in the VM? Or, preferably, can anyone suggest anything to change/try to get 3d accelaration working?

Cheers,

Aran

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook Simulator - nothing shows after blackberry loading screen with 3d acceleration turned on

I too had problem getting the simulator to work with 3D acceleration on.  I've had it off with not side effects.  Probably only really needed if you are working on games with OGL.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Playbook Simulator - nothing shows after blackberry loading screen with 3d acceleration turned on

Hmmm.

Well, I have had mixed results now. I turned off my 2nd monitor (driven over HDMI), and then turned 3d accel back on, and now it displays.

I have also suspended the VM, plugged the 2nd monitor back in and it also works, so it seems to be something about initial startup.

I don't know whether this is a VMware player issue or QNX issue now...

But anyway, this might help others to get it to work as intended.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I too have 3 monitors (not HDMI).  Maybe it has something to do with that and the graphics card driving a particular monitor??  Just a thought.