Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

fv1
New Contributor
fv1
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook ad space required

Hello,

I posted the same question in the Ads fourm but no response yet.  I was wondering if there is any update on when the Ad service SDK will be avail for Playbook?  Without the SDK anyone have an estimate on the amount of space I should reserve within the app window?

Thanks.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Playbook ad space required

There has been no update, but perhaps it's something they can respond to in the Twitterview with Mike Kirkup tomorrow, if you post the question tagged #AskBBDev.

As for size, I'd say for now the only thing you could do is look at the standard for mobile ad sizes, which you can find through the Advertising Service docs.  I remember a PDF with all that info, from some industry group, and I'm sure it isn't hard to find.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
fv1
New Contributor
fv1
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks Peter for the info.

I found the pdf from the standard council you mentioned.  It seem the largest size they mention is 320x50 pixels, but I would think for playbook it would be larger; maybe 600 by YY or 1024 by YY  depending on potrait / landscape; just wondering what YY will be, but I'd guess about the same or slightly bigger.

Cheers.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

@fv1, I had the same questions about size (since those standards were built for phones, I guess), but I couldn't think of any answer other than two wait for RIM to say more, and/or to make reasonable guesses based on relative sizes and maintaining proportions, etc.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!