Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Re: Playbook web browser enhancements?

@longway77 Your tabs reload? I never encountered reloading of already open tabs.

What's bugging me is that when closing a tab the tab-bar closes too, so closing multiple tabs is very annoying...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
longway77
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Yeah, when I leave a tab open in the background and I come back 1 minute later I see the blue bar reloading the page and video streaming is back to zero.
Closing multible tabs is buggy as well.
And what's bad furthermore: When surfing in private mode, the browser doesn't remember history, etc... but when you close it and reopen it it remembers all the open tabs (when you set it as the default behaviour). But that shouldn't happen for private mode.
_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tom229
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

The best you could do is use the QNXStageWebView class to create your own flash browser. I'm currently in the middle of doing this due to a lack of the BB browser's ability to spoof userAgents.
However I would advice waiting until some of the bugs are worked out. So far I've run into a really huge bug in the sdk that prevents you from properly handling javascript popup windows and even links that target _blank. I have a post on it here:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gg99
My Device: playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: none

may I assume that you are talking about the 512MB free out of teh total 1GB physical RAM?

minr dyd total Meory 1 GB in about, hardware and 606

7MB free meory

Please use plain text.