Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: vodaphone

Playbooks won't ship until April 22nd

From @BlackBerryDev on Twitter...

Free PlayBook offer devices start shipping globally April 22nd. Devs will receive email from Touchstone with tracking number when sent.  ^MK

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbooks won't ship until April 22nd

Is that "globally" for non-North American Developers or for ALL Developers, regardless of region?

PS any info on which courier they will ship with would also be handy.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

So by Friday April 22 they really mean Tuesday April 26? (due to holidays). Thanks RIM.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

This is incredibly disappointing. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

So by Friday April 22 they really mean Tuesday April 26? (due to holidays). Thanks RIM.

This is fairly disappointing. I was looking forward to showing off my PlayBook to my family. I really wish RIM did two waves - one before launch, and one on the 22. At least we may have avoided some app bashing if devs who were approved back in February had recieved devices before launch.

That said, I'll just have to believe that RIM had good reasons for the choices they made

---
My Apps:
KeepUp (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26514?lang=en)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Free PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

TheMarco wrote:

This is incredibly disappointing. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Why is it disappointing? RIM has said the whole time that the free PlayBooks will be shipping when they are "commercially available in your region". The 22nd is only 3 days after they are commercially available here and Mike Kirkup said "We wanted to ensure that all of the devices could start shipping at the same time for our developer community" so some developers could get them before they are commercially available in their region.

Developer
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I believe I will get mine months before it is commercially available in my country

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]
I am excited yet disappointed by RIM. I wanted to test my app before the launch of the device and my app Smiley Sad