Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 3 Australia

PopUp or context menu?

Hi Guys,

I have a list displaying "service calls" for the technician logged in, So I want to implement a popup menu which allows either to view details of the call or add notes to that existing call. So, far I tried PopUp List but it hasn't worked for me as it needs buttons to perform action.

So, I wonder if pop up or bubble is not possible then would I be able to implement something like  the "delete" button in iPhone's mail application(I want to add those 2 action buttons to that list item on CLICK event.)

Thanks in advance!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PopUp or context menu?

Yes you can and good idea.  You will have to create a custom control based on Sprite or UIComponent.  If you look at the screen shots of my application "Compass", you will see a "spoke" context menu that is displayed when an object is selected.

I also posted a library with source to have the dialog/alert system on the client side instead of the current QNX service.  Looks exactly the same, but you have more control of what can be done to the alert windows.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Community-Library-Released-for-cl...

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 3 Australia

Wow!

That's solid!

Thanks a lot for that?

I hope I am not asking for too much but would you be able to give me an idea on how did you implement that 'spoke' thingy. And also I don't want to include buttons in my pop up list so how would I handle the list item selection event as it doesn't support it?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

It is a UIComponent that uses the "graphics" API to manage the items, icons and mouse events.