Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tensioncore
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Possible Bug: Repeate Re-Building Needed

One thing I noticed....the app DOES work in the Playbook VM, but not the Emulator in Flex....I think this is another bug in the SDK... PS I moved the functions after the initial Playbook function to within the Playbook function, otherwise I was getting odd errors do to with "nesting functions" or "nesting classes"
CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey tensioncore,

it doesn't fail at runtime it just has weird behaviour before you try to compile it. maybe your environment is set up differently but in mine and maybe others if you do try to do edit a character or two in the above code it returns an error in flash builder saying there is an error in the code and it wont compile where its obvious there arent any errors at all. but if you edit another character in the document save it and build it, it will compile with no problems. you can work around it, its just misleading and annoying and we shouldnt have to.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
lauff
My Device: Curve 8900

I can confirm that it is a bug with QNXStageWebView

Details:

When using QNXStageWebView some builds (looks like every second) throws many errors.

Just adding a character, removing it again, saving and building the project removes the errors.

Commenting out the use of QNXStageWebView removes the problem

Regards,
Markus

--

Wouldn't this be worth a Kudo?
(If yes, please click the white star to the left)
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

The errors alternate on compiles.  I just typically force a file change (e.g. return then backspace to remove it), to get a clearn compile.

Please use plain text.