Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
langsky
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Problem Installing PB Simulator

When I try to setup the virtual machine for the PB simulator, the installation begins like it is going to run through its course, but it just hangs at this screen.  Anybody have any ideas?  Could it be a bad iso file?

playbookerror.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Problem Installing PB Simulator

[ Edited ]

We can't yet see your image (uploaded images are not displayed until approved by a moderator supposedly) but in the meantime search the board for "simulator problems" - there have been many threads on this already.  Some issues were caused by not using the correct VM settings, for example.  Search those threads and chances are good you'll find the answer.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Try doing a reset of the sim (a couple times if you need to) and installing with 2 cores. If all else fails uninstall completely and reinstall with the correct settings.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@langsky, in theory you're supposed to "page" through that license agreement to read and understand it so you can accept it.

In practice, that's basically ridiculous for several reasons, so what many have done is to type capital G to jump to the end, or Q to quit and continue on.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Every-thing you got is correct.

I would suggest follow the documented approach, just scroll below end and then type 'Y' and then hit enter. It will again ask for Enter, if you enter, it will reboot and then you are supposed to click 'I have Finished'.

Also be carefull while you scroll down to end, if you happen to over-run and then type 'Y', it won't take. Scroll initial pages fast but then scroll line by line, try this 2-3 times, you will get it installed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ektorp
My Device: Not Specified

I get this same issue but cannot get it resolved. It basically shows the Blackberry SDK License Agreement and as I scroll all the way down to accept the terms by typing "Y"...it just reboots and then loads the Blackberry SDK License Agreement again. I scroll through again and type "Y" and then it just reboots again and then keeps showing the Blackberry SDK License Agreement. Is there a step I am missing? ....I cant get past typing "Y" to accept the terms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

As explained before, please try this way, you will get it installed.

Even I faced the same issues while installation, you have to be very carefull while you scroll down, If you press scroll down even 1 extra time, it is taken as that answer, as opposed to you typing 'Y' after that. I have tried this 4-5 times and then got it installed.

Please use plain text.