Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Problem connecting Flash Builder Burrito to 0.9.4 SDK

I get a strange error when I try creating a new FLEX mobile project from Flash Builder Burrito. Below is a screenshot of this.

bur.jpg

The error message clearly indicates that FBB can identify the presence of the 0.9.4 SDK. I am unable to proceed.. Question - do I need to install the latest Simulator ISO for this ? I guess not...

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem connecting Flash Builder Burrito to 0.9.4 SDK

You should choose the Flex Hero SDK

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

But when I select FLEX HERO as my SDK, I dont see Blackberry Playbook in the target platforms list.

Wat do i do ?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Yup... I am experiencing the same problem. Here is a link to my post.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Flash-Builder-Burrito-won-t-recog...

I tried doing the same as you, and got similar results. I tried using the  Hero SDK and the Playbook platform is not available.

What I don't understand is that Flash Builder shows that the BB Tablet OS SDK  is installed. Is the Flash Builder / Playbook integration really this brittle?

--Bryan

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Flash Builder is installed as administrator on Windows 7, therefore anything that had to be installed such as BB plugins has to be install as admin too. After you finished BB installer (which should be run as admin too btw),

you also have to START FB as Admin for the first time - eclipse will actually scan for new plugins and "insall" them to on first boot after they being "dropped in".  

Regular Contributor

Thanks elena for your comment.

But I am afraid its not helping.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

This worked for me.

1) I enabled the "Administrator" account on my windows configuration. See: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html 

2) I logged in as "Administrator" and uninstalled the existing Burrito install. I also set the password for the "Administrator" account.

3) I rebooted my computer.

4) I logged in as "Administrator". I installed Burrito. I installed the Blackberry Playbook SDK.

5) Using the Administrator account I started up Flash Builder and the Blackberry tablet was available as a target OS.

6) I logged in as a regular admin user and the Blackberry tablet was still available as a target OS.

--Bryan

Regular Contributor

Thanks man... Let me give it a shot...

Regular Contributor

Thanks.. It worked like a charm

Contributor