Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ...
Accepted Solution

Problem creating the debug token bar.

Hi,

i have followed the instructions, so i 1st creted the p12 file after i have managed my keys and i also got the confirmation from the website but when i try to do:

C:\PlayBook>"C:\Program Files (X86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-debugtokenrequest" -cskpass {mypass} -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass {mypass} -deviceId 0x5013e4e1 7rsdebugtoken.bardebugtokenrequest error: keystore load: failed to decrypt safe contents entry: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded

i have error and problems, i really don't kow what to do. Our game has been developed via the Marmalade SDK program where they requested us to port it to Playbook, the game is ready we just need to test it on the real machine.

Thanks. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem creating the debug token bar.

When you created the Developer Certificate (.p12) did you use "-alias author" or did you replace author with something else?  If you didn't use author, delete your existing p12 file and create a new one.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

Hi,

i have deleted the file and recreated the file is recreated without problem but when i try to generate the debugtoken i still have problems.

C:\PlayBook>"C:\Program Files (X86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-keytool" -genkeypair -keystore sigtool.p12 -dname "cn={7 Raven Studios Co. Ltd.}" -alias author
Enter keystore password:
Re-enter new password:

up to here the file is created.

C:\PlayBook>"C:\Program Files (X86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-debugtokenrequest" -cskpass {mypass} -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass {mypass} -deviceId 0x5013e4e1 7rsdebugtoken.bar

debugtokenrequest error: keystore load: failed to decrypt safe contents entry: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded 

Was the p12 file created in the directory you are running the command from?  Windows Vista/7 can sometimes lock down those directories when UAC is enabled.  If you see it, try recreating the p12 again without the brackets in the cn.  

Mark Sohm

New Developer

Hi,

unfortunately also generating the company name without brackets i have the same error. I'm on windows 7 but the file is generated in the folder where i'm working that is C:\PlayBook

I each time delete the old file and i'm sure it is deleted.

I really don't know what to do more.

Francesco. 

Can you try creating your Developer Certificate and debug token using this GUI?

BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BlackBerry-Tablet-OS-Graphical-Aid/ta-...

Mark Sohm

Highlighted
New Developer

Thank you, with the tool all seem to work fine. I have created the debug token and upped to the playbook..

Thanks a lot.

Francesco.