Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
julian_d
My Device: Z10, Q10, PlayBook

Problem integrating the Payment Service for BB10!

Hi friends, does anyone from you had success implementing the Payment Service for a BB10 application build with AIR? Is it something different than implementing for PlayBook OS?

I thought the process would be simple, already have a version of the app that has digital goods build for PlayBook and for this one the payment works without errors. For the BB10 app I used the same part of code where the payment is invoked, I tested with the connection mode set to local within the simulator and worked fine. Meanwhile, my app have been approved for BB World and I got a BB10 Alpha device, I downloaded my app from BB World to test it on the real device and I was surprised to see that the payment service doesn't work. When I try to make a purchase, after signing in to Blackberry ID, I see a loading animation for Getting payment details and then it throws an error window containing the message "Content not found". My app's name is Lil Painter Free if anyone want to have a look.

I did a search on BB World for apps that contains items for sale and it seems there are many apps of this kind where Payment is not working! (Saving Yello, PicShop Lite, Run In Crowd, Robotek, etc)

If someone from dev support team can clarify this problem, I would be very grateful, my app is waiting to be approved for B4BB and I hope will not miss the chance to be part of the program because of this problem.

----------------------------------------------------------
Tapptil creates interactive books and apps for children and families.
Recent released apps: Lil Painter Free, First Words Animals Free
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Problem integrating the Payment Service for BB10!

The API is the same. It might be an issue with the payment server for BB10. Maybe ask in the payment forum to see if the server is having issues during this transition. If I recall, I read that some other were having issues that had nothing to do with the API. Check App World (BBW) forum as well.