Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Problem with FlashBuilder 4.5 and BB SDK - "Incorrect Adobe FlashBuilder directory"

I can't install the BB SDK since I updated from Burrito to Flashbuilder 4.5. The 1.0.2 and the 1.1.0 SDK Setup fail after setting the Flashbuilder path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for me). There appears a message window saying "Incorrect Adobe FlashBuilder directory". I'm absolutely shure, that the path is correct. I uninstalled 4.5 and reinstalled Burrito and the older SDK version installed correctly. I reinstalled 4.5 and the setup failed again.

I have no Idea why that happens, do you have any suggestions what to do?

Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with FlashBuilder 4.5 and BB SDK - "Incorrect Adobe FlashBuilder directory"

What is the build id of your FB 4.5? You can verify this by looking at your <FB_INSTALL_DIR>/eclipse/fearures/com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalond_4.5.0.xxxx where xxxx is the build id.

You need to be at build id 307554 or later.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook V1 and proud of it :-)
My Carrier: Legs

Re: Problem with FlashBuilder 4.5 and BB SDK - "Incorrect Adobe FlashBuilder directory"

You must also select the root directory of the app and not any folder within, which is my favourtie trick to do, when I get this error, I've gone too many folders in, I do it all the time, kinda think by now I be getting use to it. Doh!

Keep the Forum productive and useful for all. Click Kudos button if I've helped you. Select Solved to help everyone.

PlayBook qualifying app - Pandoras' Lights
Blog - CoCopia.co.uk Catch me on Twitter cocopia_apps
Contributor

I have "com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone_4.5.1.313231" installed. Is 4.5.1 not supported yet?

I think I enter the correct Path. I use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" where the FlashBuilder.exe is in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\FlashBuilder.exe"

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: verizon

xchrdw wrote:

I have "com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone_4.5.1.313231" installed. Is 4.5.1 not supported yet?

I think I enter the correct Path. I use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" where the FlashBuilder.exe is in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\FlashBuilder.exe"

That's the same build ID I have and everything is working for me.

Contributor
My Carrier: Blackberry

[ Edited ]

This might look dumb but if you double click the Flash Builder 4.5 (While selecting Flash Builder 4.5 folder during Air SDK installation). Then it should work out. It atleast did for me :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Anupam

Contributor

no, that also didn't help :smileysad: any other ideas?

(you mean i should start flash builder before i click next when i entered the path to flashbuilder 4.5?)

Contributor
My Carrier: Blackberry

Nope. What I meant is:

1) Start Installing BB SDK

2) When you reach step to integrate the Flash Builder 4.5, click on Choose button

3) Navigate to Flash builder 4.5 folder.

4) DOUBLE CLICK the folder named as Flash Builder 4.5

5) Click Open button

6) Coninue....

Contributor

exaclty this is what i have tried for many times :smileyvery-happy: it doesn't work.

now i have reinstalled burrito again and the 1.0.1 SDK installed perfectly -.-

thanks for your help, I think I will wait for the next update, maybe it will work again... if anyone has any suggestion what to do, i will try it out.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

I'm having the same problem. It's frustrating when something as simple as installing the SDK doesn't work.

@xchrdw Where did you get the 1.0.1 SDK?

Thanks for the help