Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
MDAndrewM
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem with the Debug Token

[ Edited ]

So I 've managed to create my debug token and I've got everything set up the way i think it should be:

My blackberry-tablet.xml has author and authorId fields matching the list manifest of the token, and when run with VM information, it deploys there ok, but when i run it with my actual blackberry info it messes up (I do add the -devMode as asked).

<Path>\Desktop\Playbook\LoLJungler\src>blackberry-airpackager -devMode -package LoLJungler.bar installApp -launchApp LoLJungler-app.xml LoLJungler.swf <Path>\Desktop\Playbook\LoLJungler\src\Images -device <the IP> -password <my passowrd>
Warning: Using default icon: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\
sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.0.1\bin\..\samples\icons\blackberry-tablet-default-
icon.png
Info: Package created: LoLJungler.bar
Sending Install request...
Info: Action: Install
Info: Development mode: on
Info: File size: 2500395
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 2500395 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 BarFileUnsignedError
Sending Launch request...
Info: Action: Launch
Info: Development mode: on
Info: Launching LoLJungler.testTG9MSnVuZ2xlciAgICAgICA...
result::Invalid
Info: done

Anything in <> with description like path or password i removed for anonimity's sake.

Does anybody else have thoughts as to why this is having such an error?

anything in <> is something i took out for anonimities same
Contributor
banzai76

Re: Problem with the Debug Token

Sorry if this sounds patronising, i'm trying to think of all the steps I went through to get it to work:

- have you uploaded the same debug token to the playbook itself? And it displays that token information in the secuity settings section?

- devmode if swtiched on, on the playbook?

- it might just be the way you edited it for this thread, but your installApp switch is missing the '-'

- I have had trouble in the past (not with playbook, but with ios) when putting switches to early in the command. Just to be sure, try moving the -devMode switch to after the package information. ie, 

blackberry-airpackager  -package LoLJungler.bar -devMode etc

(some of the above may depend if you're building with the command line or flash builder)

Developer
Acenet
My Device: PlayBook

Hello,

have you used FB or command line, to create the debug token ? (it worked fine with command line for me).

JC
Developer
MDAndrewM

The debug token is on the playbook and it says it is valid.  Developement mode is also turned on as it should be, too.  The dash is just missing from the code since when I copied from the command line, the wordwrap fails and i accidently deleted it.  I moved the -devMode option to where you suggested, however that made no difference.

I used the command line to create my token, too.

I appreciate the help, hopefully this will get figured otu somehow (it's probably me doing something silly) as I keep messign around, but feel free to keep giving suggestions (and don't worry about sounding patronising).

Contributor
banzai76

It might be worth copying your swf to a brand new folder and starting again with a new p12 certificate, debug token, app and tablet xml files? Change the id and name of the app as well so that it's a completely separate entity.

If you can get that to work then you could start backtracking to the problem.

Developer
MDAndrewM

As I expected, it was something silly.  There was an error in my xml file (authorID versus authorId), and i needed to include it in the path for the command line.

Contributor
Aswathyv

[ Edited ]

At last i hv successfully registered and created debug tocken.

When I upload the tocken to my tablet it apperas as "valid = NO" and author,expiry fields are null.

I dont know the reason...i have followed the video instructions from :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Creating-Debug-Tokens-and-Applica...

When I try to upload my unsigned app to the device(using the installed debug tocken), i'm getting errors as follow:

install-error.pnginstall-error-new.png

Can  any one give me a solution?

Developer
MDAndrewM

My debuig token was valid, so I am not sure why that error has occurred.  Your token needs to be valid before you can put unsigned apps on your playbook.  That has to do with the process of creating, so you'll have to detail what you did exactly.  If you followed the instructions 100% correctly, it should work.

It also looks like you have been using Burrito.  I am doing everything via command line, so I'm no expert (it's pretty simple via command line) on your specific issue.